Digital Preservation Recorder
Software for Digital Preservation
Download version 5.1.2, released 19th February 2013 AEST.
Digital Preservation Recorder (DPR) is free and open source software developed by the National Archives of Australia to aid in the long term preservation of digital records.
The DPR is a component of the Digital Preservation Software Platform (DPSP).
The DPR handles bulk preservation of digital files, incorporating the following features:
- step-by-step guided workflow from data quarantine, preservation, and deposit into a digital archive
- file format conversion via the National Archives' Xena digital preservation software
- friendly graphical user interface
- integration with free and open source ClamAV anti-virus software
- user management and authentication
- creation of detailed audit trail of preservation metadata
- continuous data integrity checking
- fully audited reprocessing
- detailed reporting.
DPR is released under the GPLv3, and is available for download.